Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Vancouver Update: Bread Photographs Well!



One of my favourite websites to cruise is a photo blog called The Selby is in Your Place; it's basically what happens when a hipster commercial photographer who knows a ton of interesting people all over the world starts taking photos of his friends' homes and posting them online. Fascinating!


A recent spread he did covered both the workplace and home of the couple who run the Tartine Bakery in San Francisco, and it literally had me dying for baked goods this morning (ok, maybe not literally, but it was pretty bad--look at that photo!!). Just as I was really cursing the fact that San Francisco is so far away I realized that this is the same bakery whose cookbook we carry at The Milkman's Daughter! How sweet is that?

Anyway, we don't have any of these fabulous books in stock in Vancouver (what kind of a "Vancouver Update am I writing, here?!!?), but we'd be more than happy to have the Victoria gals send some over if anyone is interested. I may have to take up baking....

3 comments:

Rachael said...

I have been baking bread from the Tartin book every weekend for the past 4 months. I will never buy bread agin! My husband is addicted and may need to seek help. Or buy bigger jeans. I will post some pictures on my bread.

Erin said...

Nice!

Nico said...

I have read the Tartine book cover to cover but not yet made the bread...I am in love with Chad Robertson - he is so passionate about bread baking.

Watch the video to get a tiny taste

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5kKeKSfyOE