Monday, June 27, 2011

Victoria Update: Our customers are so cool!

We just got an email from one of our customers--Susan, from Salt Spring Island--containing pictures of an art project she's working on inspired by our vintage wool blankets.

This blanket in particular was used to cover a dog crate, and the lovely little bugger decided to use it as a chew toy. Not to worry, though! Susan came up with the (awesome) idea to embroider around the holes and stains and make this beautiful pastel check blanket into something new and totally original.

This submarine (at least that's what my eyes see) totally reminds me of The Life Aquatic. I definitely approve.

Now I'm going to go pull all the damaged blankets out of my goodwill pile (why does this pile never actually get to goodwill...?) and get my art on. Thanks Susan!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the cool blanket art piece. Nice work, Susan, dedicated Smoking Lily fan.