Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Vancouver Update: The importance of being solitary (sometimes!)

Having lots of quality time with friends and family is important--and nothing makes me happier than spending time with my bigger half--but the merits of being comfortable solo are too many to list here. My friend, Julie, in Montréal drew my attention to this lovely "video poem" earlier this week and it made me smile. (On an unrelated note, something else that makes me smile: a delightful couple from Switzerland just left the shop and were telling me how much Vancouver is really reminding them of Berlin. I guess lil' ol' Vancity is movin' up in the global coolness rankings!)

3 comments:

glenda said...

So sweet!

Mia said...

I agree. It's beautiful!

Erin said...

Yeah, it definitely brought back memories of the first time I took myself out for dinner many, many moons ago...