Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Vancouver Update: Upcycling is fun!

Today I just wanted to share something that makes me happy. A couple months ago, my bigger half, Scott, accidentally tore the elbow right out of a nice green dress shirt of his. The shirt had been well loved and was a second hand find to begin with, but I was still sad (I really love green). Then inspiration struck! I would send the shirt on to the Smoking Lily studio gals to see if they could imagine a third life for it--a Maëlle Tunic, perhaps? Et voilà! Even cuter than a Maëlle, they used part of it as a colourful top to one of our Tiny Dancer dresses. It went right on a mannequin and every time I see it, it makes me smile to know that something that would otherwise have ended up in a landfill has been turned into something so pretty.

No comments: