Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Smoking Lily Spotlight: Screen-printing Workshop



Last night was the second evening of our current screen-printing series. I really am enjoying teaching the current group. We burned screens, which is the nerve racking evening. You never know if it is going to work because there are so many variables. It is so exhilarating when it all works out.

Yesterday afternoon I burned a test screen to make sure everything would go smoothly during class. I made a little cactus branch, and today we screened it on the Lucrezia Top. I wish summer would come...

There are still spots available for the August screen-printing workshop! You can call the Johnson Street shop at 250.382.5459 if you'd like to join in on the fun.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The workshop is fabulous and Trish and Rachael are super helpful.

(Aside: Trish, do you know where I can purchase some good plain tea towels?)

Smoking Lily said...

Hi Cathy, I'm happy you are enjoying the class as much as Rachael and I enjoy teaching it.
I am thinking the Muffet Louisa would have them. Anyone else have any ideas for Cathy?

Anonymous said...

Cathy, I think Paboom has some as well. I sure they will cost less there as well.

Unknown said...

Forgot about Paboom -- thanks, great idea!

jesscageorger said...

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point. You obviously know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to your blog when you could be giving us something informative to read?wholesale wall art australia