Friday, April 1, 2011

A Blog Post for a Rainy Day

It is pouring rain and I'm having a crappy morning. When this mood hits the studio we crank up the stereo and play POPpy music. Today it is Cee lo Green, Janella Monae, Marvin Gaye mixed in with some salsa. Everything is getting a bit better, I'm sighing less but I have no focus for my blog today, so I'm going to give you some random studio updates.

We are in the midst of redesigning our website. I hear your collective "About time Smoking Lily" right now. My theory in life has always been if it ain't broke don't fix it. The site still functions but technology has moved light years since this latest version of our site went up 6, 7, 8 years ago and our list of complaints grows everyday. I've been researching website formats, social networks and e-commerce, meeting with web designers, all things that I usually don't find interesting (read: things that scare me because I don't understand). This time around I am really enjoying the process and our new site is going to rock!






The studio is upside down right now because we are gearing up for the annual garage sale. YAHHHH! We are pretty excited. We've been pulling out the random bolts of unused fabric and making some things just for the sale. Perfect V tunic dresses in teal, velvet pouches with leather blossoms and white vinyl bike bags with suede bunnies (yup, super cute) and linen pillow cases with giant bugs.

The David Suzuki Garden State Dress is almost sold out. There are a few smalls and mediums left. Rumour has it we are going to do a men's tee with his print on soon for the same cause. We are thinking the galaxy blue organic tee, but we will let you know when it is confirmed.

Hope you have a great weekend, I'll be spring cleaning my kitchen cupboards (scary).
trish



3 comments:

Sharolyn said...

Raining in the city means snowing in the mountains. We couldn't see very far ahead but pretty much had the whole of Mt Seymour to ourselves. Very sore today though...

Smoking Lily said...

Being in the mountains sound like fun. I did get my kitchen cleaned...4 hours of scrubbing and tossing. Ahhh, so nice. Next weekend, the basement!!!

Unknown said...

I am so glad I came across your blog,I was just doing a random search. It is nice to know that you are promoting natural fabric clothes and local shopping.
I share your "passion" for spring cleaning and the great feeling you get after it is done. I have an organized "junk" and I use plastic baskets in my freezer to keep everything organized there too.
I am not a neat freak per say, but I like knowing where things are when I need them.
You blog is natural and enjoyable I will continue to read it.