Friday, January 21, 2011

Enjoy Life in Vancouver.

image via Spend Locally

Last Friday morning, during my adventure to Vancouver (I am a Victoria Lilyite), I sat at the Bean Around the World coffee shop on the corner of Main and 20th, enjoying a great cup of coffee and an amazing breakfast wrap. I was way too early for my first Vancouver store shift, so I relaxed read the paper and people watched.

Main street is full of flavor. The streets are lined with shops and stores filled with endless possibilities for finding original clothes, show stopping shoes and vintage items for your home or your body. One thing that had me was the food. During my two days in the Vancouver store I gained about 15 pounds. Friday I went to Zipang Sushi (Erin recommended) where I enjoyed California rolls hand-made to perfection, along with a Philadelphia roll that I almost ordered more of. On Saturday, I strolled happily down the street to Chef Claire's (Christina recommended) where I shamelessly devoured an entire chicken panini with brie cheese and blueberry chutney. After my panini, I had to roll myself back to the Vancouver store.

After spending two shockingly relaxing days in the Smoking Lily store, working with two awesome ladies, eating, shopping, people watching, meeting inspiring customers, and eating, I have a new love for Vancouver. I will be back to Main street to eat, shop and relax very soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now I'm hungry

Erin said...

It was fun having you over, Jo-Anne!