Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday Housekeeping


Once again I'm cleaning up my in box and thought I would share some notes from customers. First off a note from one of our regular on line shoppers, Diane from Ottawa. She just bought the new button skirt and the Toddy Tunic, she wrote to tell us "Got my toddy tunic which I absolutely love! Goes great with and without my Obi! It's really really great." Thanks Diane, I love wearing mine over jeans and a long sleeve tee.


Next we got a photo from a customer in web world of her daughter Sophia in a little girl's Lily dress. So sweet. She got the dress this summer while vacationing in Victoria and get's lots of compliments! Thanks Sheri, we love getting photos of people wearing the goods.

Carolyn emailed letting us know she loves Smoking Lily clothing but finds it frustrating that we don't make her favourites in extra large. Here is my response to her, I thought more people out there would be interested. "Basically it is impossible to make clothing that fits every body size. In general we make small, medium and large sizes in anything new we design, then we wait. If we get a few serious requests for extra large or extra small we will draft a new size and put it in production. We just did that with the Oscillator to the delight of few of our customers. We are a small company with limited cash flow but we like to remain flexible. If you see something that you want in a larger size, just ask, we will seriously consider it."

Last week we printed some beautiful Belgium linen Caroline brought in for a head board she was making at home. She wrote to tell us the project is now complete and it was a great success. I really want to see how it turned out.

Have a great week!!


1 comment:

Laurie M. said...

Ah, I completely agree with Carolyn, though understand the reasoning from a business stance, and have found you great to work with when requesting pieces. I just scooped up the Oscillator in and XL on Friday and am completely tickled! Also grabbed the XL Portobella in the summer. I just wish everything came in an XL. Watch out Smoking Lily, us XL ladies may just band together to keep the serious requests coming enough that XLs are consistently offered :)

Love my Oscillator...did I mention that? So snugly and comfy like in sweats, but looking far for put together and fashionable! LOVE IT!