Friday, August 12, 2011

Lily Inspiration: What I did on my summer vacation.


This summer Rick and I took a little road trip. We drove from Victoria to Oliver B.C., down through Washington State to Pendleton Oregon and then across to Portland. It was a lot of driving, but so much fun.
We relaxed at Tinhorn Creek's guest house and drank in the view.

Wild horses near Osoyoos. I didn't want to get any closer....now you know that I'm a huge wuss.

Rattlesnake country, the Grand Culees.

We took a tour through the Pendleton Woolen Mills. Sounds dorky but we really enjoyed it.

The mill was built in 1909. A lot of the equipment they still use today was made in the 1940's.

Quality control area.

We made some cushion covers from wool that I picked up at the mill.

3 comments:

glenda said...

That does look like fun! I love that you toured the Pendleton Mill. Looking forward to seeing your pillows.

Anonymous said...

but you 2 are a bit dorky!

Smoking Lily said...

thanks ananymous