Friday, March 6, 2009

...Magic!


...The studio was bustling with excitement during Monday's screen printing workshop as students prepared their artwork and screens for the next step of the screen building process: burning the artwork/images onto the screen. Finally! I think many of us could hardly wait to solve the mystery...Well, I'm pleased to report that we got to the bottom of it. As it turns out, it's a fairly simple process requiring just a little practice with timing and lighting. Like magic, our artwork popped up on our screens. Neat!

So, now the part we've really all been waiting for: Printing. After getting a few pointers and a review on the right technique, a few of the students got to work right away. Impressive! It was pretty interesting to see all the artwork too, including photographs, and how it turned out as a print on fabric. So, the next and final class, we get to sharpen our printing skills and get productive with some of our individual projects.

Stay tuned for the highlights of our last class and a collage of our silk screen creations!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I just had to comment on the class (the added incentive of possibly winning a Pre-Garage Sale invite helped a wee bit too)!

As one of five to be in this class, I have had an amazing time. Trish is super helpful, answering all of our questions, giving us design tips and hints, and going beyond to ensure we're happy with our final product. This class has had me actually looking forward to Mondays now!

Can't wait for tomorrow night when we get to print our designs! The only sad part, the class is just three sessions long and tomorrow night is the last...

Misfit Mommy said...

You guys should offer this in Vancouver! We need more smoking lily love:)

dendro designs said...

I'll second the idea to bring the silk screening to Vancouver!

(I too couldn't resist the chance to get in on the pre-garage sale action... but I'm not in it for my wife I'm in it for the t-shirts)

Susanna said...

I hope you lovely lilies are planning another session ... in the summer time. Term time is so busy with teaching that i just could not commit this time. But I would LOVE to try my hand at the mysteries of screening.

X's mummy said...

Excited for the next opportunity to try silk screening!

Becky said...

Just wondering when the next opportunity to partake may be? I'd love to try it out!

emma palm said...

the class is over! so many things have been printed! as one of the lucky 5 to participate i just wanted to say "thanks!!". so helpful, so fun, so informative.