Thursday, June 4, 2009

My work experience at Smoking Lily


My name is Melissa, I am sixteen years old and live on Salt Spring Island
My past few weeks here at Smoking Lily have been anything but dull. This has been one of the most exciting and knowledgeable experiences I have ever had!
I did all sorts of fun things like silk-screening and cutting out fabrics. They let me wear their beautiful hand sewn clothing and I was a salesperson in the tiny Smoking Lily store located on Johnson Street.

The Studio where they make all their clothing is a fun and hip environment to work in. It's located above the "Pita Pit" in a Heritage building. The interior is funky and vintage with so much to see you don't know where to look first.

I'd encourage anyone who is interested in fashion design and sewing, and happens to need work experience, to check out Smoking Lily; It is definitely a great place to be. I felt comfortable and learned a lot about what it's like to be a part of the retail fashion industry.

I feel so thankful and lucky to have done my work experience here, with inspirational people and a creative company.

No comments: