Tuesday, December 1, 2009

L.A. Confidential


This is Erin from the Vancouver shop, here to report my safe return from the land of endless sunshine and endless highways. That's right, I have just returned from my first ever trip to L.A.! We did all the things good little tourists do: Venice Beach is hilarious and beautiful, the Santa Monica Pier is spectacularly cheesy (in a good way), and I loved every minute of being accosted by Scientologists on the Walk of Fame (they are *everywhere* down there. It's amazing!). Naturally, Rodeo Drive was also fairly resplendent; what it lacks in the sort of quirky charm we here at Lily excel at it more than makes up for in pure, unadulterated, shiny-ness.


All in all, I'd say the only downside to our little adventure was having "Hollywood" stuck in my head for four days--sorry to all the Heart fans out there (and I know you're out there!). Also, if anyone can explain the infamy of Hollywood and Vine, I'd love to hear about it in the comments. We were at a bit of a loss to figure out how an intersection dominated by a Chase Manhattan branch and, if I recall, a GAP came to represent such depths of moral turpitude, but seedy tales of murky pasts are always good fun!

No comments: